Friday 24 August 2012

How the other half live!

Now I don't want anyone to think that life is hard for us on the road, so here is a picture of the merry band parked up at last night's campsite - disused airfield and barracks. Mary and Ian's motor home has been cleverly adapted to their needs through their extensive experience over the years; our motor hutch hasn't. Mary and Gill rustle up meals which they term 'caravan food', but quite frankly sound like restaurant meals to me. Each morning I hear of the steaks or salmon that will be adorning their table that evening and tonight they were to have steak and 'I might do a few roast potatoes' says Mary. 'Roast potatoes' I squark 'is it Sunday?'. Unlike Mary, our motor hutch has a grill less than 12" wide and we are still waiting for the toast to brown from this morning! And that is the extent of the 'cooking' facilities, apart from a 3 ring gas hob where a dribble of water takes hours to boil. Oh well, lots of cold meats and sandwiches for us then. (I have to admit though, it beats a tent and primus stove). However, it is a Thai meal out tonight now - SHAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment